ABOUT TEF-GEL™ – THE PRODUCT
Tef-Gel™ is one of the most unique and versatile products available!
It is designed to prevent:
- CORROSION between dissimilar metals
- CORROSION of electrical connectors
- GALLING of stainless steel
- SEIZING of hardware in corrosive environments.
- BLISTERING of painted surfaces
Corrosion is created when electrolytes get between the two surfaces; it then starts to deteriorate those surfaces. By creating a barrier that prevents the water and air ingress you prevent the corrosion – hence Tef-Gel™’s success with this.
Once corrosion is eliminated from the situation it will not seize. For this reason Tef-Gel™ is an anti-seize compound – prevent corrosion and you prevent seizing!
Being made from a Teflon® base the lubricity of Tef-Gel™ also acts as an assembly lubricant and prevents galling. It doesn’t lock assembled equipment into, it does not change its consistency or chemical structure regardless of environment, water or UV (it doesn’t dry out and crack) this allows for easy disassembly when maintenance is required.
When hardware is correctly assembled with Tef-Gel™ corrosion cannot occur, disassembly is made easier and lubrication is also achieved.
- Water & UV Resistant
- Non Carcinogenic
- Not classed as a Marine Pollutant
- Safe, Non-toxic and Chemically stable
- NOT classed as a Dangerous Good
- Classed as an Environmentally responsible product
- No Known Expected Shelf Life